It’s October, which means National Bullying Prevention Month 2017 has arrived, and Rainbow Rabbit will be taking an active part in spreading the word!
The program, a nationwide campaign founded in 2006 by PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center, is held to to unite people and communities around the world to bring awareness to the bullying epidemic, which sadly, doesn’t seem to be going away, and is still affecting children and young teenagers everywhere.
Consider the following:
- Each day, 160,000 students miss school for fear of being bullied.*
- 1 out of 4 kids are bullied.*
- Special needs children are two to three times more likely to be bullied.**
- Children who is overweight are the most likely to be bullied.***
- Harassment, intimidation, or bullying, like other disruptive or violent behaviors, is conduct that disrupts both a pupil’s ability to learn and a school’s ability to educate its pupils in a safe and disciplined environment.****
Statistics like these make us more determined than ever to do whatever we can to bring about bullying awareness—and hopefully put an end to it!
Each week during National Bullying Prevention Month 2017, Rainbow Rabbit will be active on every social media channel, offering insight into the bullying epidemic, and several more surprises as well.
There’s also several guest blogging slots open during the month as well. These will be posted every Friday. We would love to have you share your thoughts and/or experiences in regards to bullying. These stories can help change the course of a child’s life. Our contact information is below.
Recently, Rainbow Rabbit officially established its organization as a 501c3: Rainbow Rabbit Educational Services Corp. We were also recognized for our transparency with a Bronze Seal on their GuideStar Nonprofit Profile!
We are expanding exponentially, and we’re currently looking for members to add to our Board of Directors. If you or your organization would like to get involved with Team Rainbow Rabbit in some capacity, please contact Joe Vallee at 856-275-3166, or email us at [email protected].com.
In the meantime, feel free to look at all of our Rainbow Rabbit Anti-Bullying Educational Programs!
We hope you will join us during this very special month and beyond!
Team Rainbow Rabbit
***Journal of Pediatrics